Monday, February 22, 2010

Impressions, Anecdotes, etc.

So I decided to also write some interesting things that I observe, some of this stuff is stuff I laugh at when I see it, or be surprised at. Here's two:

  • I think only in England can you see a little girl with red curly hair and freckles, who once entering the train station jumps in absolute joy with two arms raised in utter surprise and screaming: "Oh my GOSH, this is the BEST playground ever!" in the cutest British accent.
  • I had to go to another town called East Bourne, which is half an hour away from Brighton. When I was coming back, my train changed at Lewes, and I had to wait for the next train. There was a guy standing a little far away from where all the benches were, and when I first saw him I thought he was practicing Kung Fu, which is by itself an interesting sight (although, I once did see a guy in O'Hare who was practicing some sort of martial arts by himself in one of the less crowded corridors, so I wouldn't be too surprised.) But what made this guy absolutely phenomenal is that he only had one leg. His other leg was amputated, and his crutches lied on the floor next to him. And until the train came, he continued doing what he was doing despite surprised stares. I couldn't stop watching him and I guess he wasn't really practicing Kung Fu, it seemed more like he was practicing balance. But it was definitely a fascinating sight. In fact, a little girl who was sitting with her parents kept asking: "What is he doing? Daad, what is he doing?" and the parents just couldn't answer her question.

No comments:

Post a Comment