Monday, February 22, 2010

Cows can have portraits, too!

I chose cows as the subject of my mini-project. Personally, I am scared of a lot of farm animals. You might ask why, well first of all I find chickens treacherous (I got attacked by them in the past, and they never feel full- they'll eat ANYTHING.). In fact, I find many birds quite evil (the other day on campus I got attacked by a seagull, who tried to steal my salmon and cream-cheese bagel from my hand, and it was quite huge, not exaggerating.) The thing with many birds and farm animals is that you think they are harmless and all that but then they fly at you with the little flying capability they have and try to poke you with their beaks (chickens), or suddenly walk onto you and open their mouth and let out a big boo (cows), or stare at you for hours (cows and sheep). At least with wild animals you know that it's not safe to be around them, so you basically avoid them. But farm animals and birds, those are animals we trust, and birds are basically a part of our daily lives. So you don't avoid them, and then they end up pooping on your head as you're walking under a tree. Not cool.

Anyways, I decided to portray some cows. Thought they'd be more interesting than human subjects. It's interesting how when you direct the camera at any animal they tend to stare back at it. 

1 comment: