Sunday, July 3, 2011

LGBT Walk in Istanbul

I've been meaning to post this throughout the week, but I didn't have time. Last week, when I was in Istiklal Caddesi I ran into the LGBT walk. Seeing that this news was not covered in many of the Turkish news websites, I decided to share some of the photos I took (luckily my camera was with me). The scene and the atmosphere was pretty colorful, as you can expect. So here are my photos:




some reactions of the people standing by to the participants in the walk
street tango

Something strange happened half an hour before the walk: I was at a bookstore and people rushed inside holding their hands to their noses. Some of the patrons started talking amongst each other and I heard that a pepper spray was dropped in the street. Some people claimed that the spray was an early reaction to the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment