Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Everybody Loves Brighton

The title is the feeling I had when I lived in England for the short duration of 6 months. Everybody in England, at least the people I met, loved Brighton. They called it "sunny Brighton" or just "the beach". Wikipedia calls it the "gay capital of Europe", and it is also very well-known for its edgy population, most of which knows no boundaries in clothing, hair and make-up. I personally think Brighton is a heaven for hedonist, music-loving bohemians, and elderly people who are happy to live with younger, colorful personalities. I came to love this small city located in southern England by the English Channel as I was doing my photography project, from which I posted photos before. But I found another bunch that I liked and had edited. So here they are:

some pub at the North Laines

some street art in the North Laines

some street

Street musicians are abundant in Brighton, especially in the North Laines. And they are very friendly performers, interacting with the passers-by and maybe having a beer or two along the way.



Sometimes people noticed my semi-voyeuristic scrutiny and asked me with their eyes what the hell I was doing as I stood there directing the camera at them.


The best thing about Brighton is that on a cold spring night you can walk down the street beside a musician who is playing his guitar as the stores roll down their shutters. And whoever is left on the streets either hurry home or to the nearest pub.

And he said to him: "Let's loot this place."

No comments:

Post a Comment